PRACTICE FUSION OVERVIEW
Founded in 2005, Practice Fusion is a cloud-based EHR solution that is geared towards small physician practices. With over 30,000 practices using the their EHR solution, the company continues to work towards its mission of “connecting doctors, patients and data to drive better health and save lives.”
And oh yeah…it is a free EHR.
WHO USES PRACTICE FUSION EHR?
A top free EHR solution, Practice Fusion can be found mainly in solo or small medical practices. They make up 15% of the market share of EHR solutions for solo practices and 12% for practices with 1-3 physicians.1
HOW CAN THEY OFFER THEIR EHR FOR FREE?
Practice Fusion’s business model is to generate revenue through advertising dollars with focused advertisements to its users through the day. Most clinicians can spend hours a day in their EHR.
They are able to provide advertisers in the healthcare industry with a laser targeted audience which allows them to offset any fees that a physician practice would normally pay for their EHR system.
PRACTICE FUSION FEATURES
The old expression goes “you get what you pay for”, but this does not appear the case with Practice Fusion. Offering a plethora of desirable features in its free EHR solution, they continue to impress the market with the following:
- Electronic Prescribing – Complete requests with a 2 click workflow process and save your patients money with eCoupons.
- Charting – Save time with access to thousands of medical charting templates to fit your practice’s needs. Templates by specialty area available too.
- Lab results – Easy ordering, tracking and sharing through a free patient portal. They can integrate with Lapcorp and other top names.
- Billing – Through preferred partners, they can offer integrated billing.
- Patient portal – Their free patient portal provides easy access to scheduling so patients can manage their appointments online. It provides personal health records (PHR) and other care information and resources to drive high patient engagement.
- Mobile Friendly – Because they are cloud-based, their platform is built to be responsive to work on any device.
- A Free EHR Solution – It can be implemented at no cost.
DO THEY OFFER PRACTICE MANAGEMENT SOLUTIONS?
Practice Fusion provides practice management solutions (PMS) including flexible billing, scheduling and task management.
Using preferred partners that can provide the most popular and affordable billing software, they can offer small practices the ability to generate more revenue and get paid faster.
IS PRACTICE FUSION EHR CERTIFIED FOR MEANINGFUL USE?
Meeting CMS criteria, they are certified as a Meaningful Use Complete EHR. They offer tutorials and other resources to prepare a practice for attestation.
DOES PRACTICE FUSION OFFER AN EHR FOR SPECIALTY PRACTICES?
Practice Fusion offers a library of hundreds of specialty specific templates that can be customizable such as a Physical Therapy EHR to a Cardiology EHR to a Psychology EHR.
DO THEY OFFER REPORTING FOR PQRS?
Practice Fusion can help your practice fulfill its reporting requirements for the Physician Quality Reporting System (PQRS) by guiding you through the whole PQRS program. They offer a PQRS dashboard that tracks progress on specific measurements and helps identify patients that are missing critical information in order to help avoid penalties.
WHAT KIND OF TRAINING AND SUPPORT DO THEY OFFER?
Having literally trademarked the term “Phenomenal Support”, Practice Fusion offers your entire practice free unlimited phone calls with a (human) support specialist, one hour response time for critical emails, and live chat support.
You can also learn at your own pace with tutorials and resources.
WHAT DOES PRACTICE FUSION TOUT AS THEIR VALUE PROPOSITION?
Save money and generate revenue. No cost. No hidden fees. No contracts. Unlimited provider accounts. Unlimited, free support.