Ease of Use7.9/10
Service & Support6.5/10
Value for the money6.2/10
- Open platform. Allscripts claims it is “Building open, connected communities of health”.
- Highly functional.
- It is very easy to send prescriptions (Note: Allscripts started as an electronic prescribing company).
- Allscripts has been around for over 30 years and has history and experience to back them up.
- Allscripts is a very big company which can make it feel somewhat impersonal. It may be hard to reach someone at a high-level.
- Potential for costly fees for ongoing service and upgrades.
- Contractual obligations can make it difficult (and pricey) to switch to a new EHR in the future.
- Numerous acquisitions can lead to fragmented services and support.
How would you rank Allscripts? Is it user friendly? How is their customer support? What are the pros and cons? We provide Allscripts reviews based on crowd sourcing to help find the best EHR solution to fit the needs of your practice.
Allscripts is now Veradigm
“After transitioning its solutions to the Veradigm commercial brand in 2022, Allscripts is now Veradigm.”
HOW IS VERADIGM DIFFERENT FROM OTHER EHRS?
Veradigm is a leading EHR solution with over 30 years of experience. And through internal and external (acquisitions) efforts, they offer a portfolio of products and services making it a leader in population health and precision medicine. Allscripts reviews are worth taking notice.
There are several product offerings available from Allscripts EHR that fit the market demands of almost any practice or provider.
They service large practices and hospital systems with its Sunrise, Paragon and Sunrise Community Care solutions. And they cater to the small to mid-sized practice with the following EHR solutions:
- TouchWorks EHR – For medium to large practices but it can be used in smaller ones. It also has a focus on safer care and population health.
- Professional EHR – An ambulatory EHR solution for small to mid-size practices. It helps medical practices streamline operations and increase revenue.
- Practice Fusion – Ideal for independent practices, Practice Fusion is a user friendly EHR that helps practices become more efficient. It allows a practice to focus on the patient care and get paid faster. This has led to positive Practice Fusion reviews.
They provide their clients with the latest industry solution through its application store. They offer everything from care coordination to analytics to a plethora of other innovative apps.
Finally, they offer solutions for a variety of different medical specialties.
Why should small to mid-sized medical practices use Allscripts?
- Mobile Access: Healthcare providers can access patient data and manage tasks on-the-go
- Support and Training: They provides training and support resources
- Interoperability: All scripts focuses on interoperability, allowing medical practices to seamlessly exchange patient data.
- Specialty-Specific Solutions: They provide specialty-specific EHR solutions that cater to the unique requirements of different medical specialties.
- Revenue Cycle Management: Includes billing and revenue cycle management tools that help medical practices streamline their financial operations.
- E-Prescribing: The EHR system includes e-prescribing capabilities.
PRACTICE MANAGEMENT EXPERTISE
Allscripts says that it has “deep expertise and resources” as it relates to Practice Management. This allows for significant efficiencies for a practice which increases productivity.
Veradigm was once the name of a lesser known business unit of Allscripts that played an important role in big data for the company.
Allscripts said, “Veradigm currently offers HealthInsights, the largest deidentified EHR database available for life sciences research (~150m patients) that has been linked to integrated claims for certain research studies. In addition, Veradigm collaborates with healthcare providers to implement point-of-care research programs, engaging patients and prospectively collecting additional data using Allscripts EHR platforms.**”
Veradigm helped All scripts provide a well rounded suite of healthcare offerings and aids in the overall outcomes. So the fact they changed their company name to Veradigm was not a surprise.
What does Allscripts EMR pricing look like? How does the low Practice Fusion cost fit in? As noted, Allscripts acquired Practice Fusion in 2018 to diversify their business with options for smaller medical practices at a lower cost.
We recommend you compare quotes from a variety of EHR companies to make sure you get the best deal.
PRACTICE FUSION ACQUISTION
As previously mentioned, Practice Fusion in one of their solutions for small to mid-size medical practices. Acquiring Practice Fusion has helped them break into the small size physician market and diversify its business.
A publicly traded company, Allscripts acquired Practice Fusion for $100 Million in 2018, but soon after agreed to pay a $145 Million to resolve potential liabilities related to a Department of Justice investigation into Practice Fusion’s business practices.
They started as a free EHR, but after the acquisition it was transitioned into a paid model. Overall, based on Practice Fusion reviews, it still remains a popular choice.
PROS AND CONS OF ALLSCRIPTS
Make sure to understand the advantages and disadvantages of the EHRs in your consideration set. Along with the Allscripts reviews, we have summarized the pros and cons for you:
- They exist on an open platform and claim that they are “Building open, connected communities of health”.
- Extremely functional.
- It is very easy to send prescriptions. In fact, Allscripts started out as an electronic prescribing company.
- Experience and expertise. They have over 30 years of history to back them up.
- Allscripts is a large company which can make it seem somewhat impersonal. It may be challenging to contact anyone at a high-level.
- It is impossible to incur costly fees for ongoing service and/or upgrades.
- If you ever look to switch your EHR, contractual obligations with Allscripts may make it difficult (and pricey).
- Allscripts has made numerous acquisitions which can make their service and/or support feel fragmented.
- WHO USES ALLSCRIPTS?
- WHAT PRACTICE MANAGEMENT SOLUTIONS DOES ALLSCRIPTS OFFER?
- ALLSCRIPTS EHR TRAINING AND SUPPORT
For more information on Practice Fusion? See Practice Fusion reviews.
Information and insights from allscripts.com and crowd sourced.