Ease of Use8.5/10
Service & Support7.0/10
Value for the money8.5/10
- Over 150 customizable templates.
- Kareo offers digital marketing services.
- The ability to easily integrate its billing and Practice Management solutions.
- Awesome Practice Management solution.
- As they say, Kareo has “everything you need, nothing you don’t”.
- Kareo now charges for a product that was once free.
- Questionable customer service support.
- Could use more support around creating new templates.
- Could use more guidance on how to maximize the benefits of the system.
How would you rate Kareo? What are the pros and cons of Kareo? How is their customer support? Is it user friendly? To help in the search to find the best EHR to fit the needs of your practice, we provide Kareo reviews based on crowd sourcing.
HOW IS KAREO DIFFERENT FROM OTHER EHRS?
Kareo was specifically developed for independent medical practices. This means you avoid all of the complex and expensive functionality you don’t need in a hospital grade EHR. Kareo provides solutions and services that are needed to build a successful and lucrative practice. And as with most EHRs these days, Kareo is cloud based and requires no software or hardware to install.
Besides offering an EHR, Kareo has a diverse menu of offerings including Medical Billing, Practice Management and Marketing. And for those looking for extra support, Kareo offers medical billing services.
KAREO START-UP TIME
Looking to change your EHR to Kareo? They sure make it sound easy. Schedule a demo, complete the set up process and then work with a dedicated Success Coach. Bam, you should be good to go.
Kareo offers a program for their new clients to “help reduce start-up challenges and keep your costs and overhead to a minimum.” They call it the Kareo Simple Start Program. It all begins with the Kareo Success Team. From Practice Credentialing to Billing Services, Kareo can help get your practice launched. Their solution for Billing integrates seamlessly into their EHR. And they offer attractive monthly rates.
With a few small caveats, Kareo claims that “you can begin sending electronic claims to all commercial insurance companies within 48 hours.”
TELEHEALTH WITH KAREO
Launch a telemedicine offering immediately through Kareo. No onboarding time necessary. Their clients are seeing a 98% patient satisfaction rating on average for video visits. Look to get reimbursed for video telehealth visits instead of unpaid follow up calls or emails.
And with the integrated Kareo telemedicine platform, patients can request a video visit online which then notifies the office staff.
Lastly, Kareo reviews for its telemedicine offering is rated as one of the highest by Software Advice Average Ratings for Telemedicine Products.
ONLINE MARKETING AND ENGAGEMENT SERVICES
This is where Kareo goes a step beyond other EHRs. Online marketing and engagement are areas that are typically not top of mind for independent practices, but they should be.
New and potential patients need to be able to easily find your practice online and in addition have a positive experience when doing so. Kareo offers a product called Kareo Engage that can make sure your practice more easily pops up when being searched for. They can also synch you up with various online directories to make sure the information is accurate.
Kareo Engage also allows you to harness the power of positive reviews and social media. Finally, Kareo Engage offers a comprehensive analytics dashboard that provides you with all the data to measure your engagement success.
PROS AND CONS OF KAREO
Along with the Kareo reviews above, we summarized the pros and cons:
- Kareo provides over 150 customizable templates.
- They offer digital marketing and engagement services.
- Easily integrate billing solutions and practice management solutions.
- Known for a great Practice Management solution.
- As Kareo says, they have “everything you need, nothing you don’t”.
- Kareo charges for a product that was once offered at no cost.
- Their customer service support can be questionable.
- They could offer more support with creating new templates.
- Kareo could offer more guidance on maximizing all the benefits of the overall system.
LOOKING FOR MORE INFO ON KAREO?
- WHAT TYPE OF PRACTICE USES KAREO?
- DOES KAREO OFFER MARKETING AND ENGAGEMENT SERVICES?
- WHARE ARE KAREO’S SPECIALITY EHR OPTIONS?
- KAREO SUPPORT AND TRAINING
See how a Specialty EHR can help your practice.
Information and insights crowd sourced and from kareo.com.