Ease of Use8.5/10
Service & Support7.0/10
Value for the money8.5/10
- Over 150 customizable templates.
- Kareo offers digital marketing services.
- The ability to easily integrate its billing and Practice Management solutions.
- Awesome Practice Management solution.
- As they say, Kareo has “everything you need, nothing you don’t”.
- Kareo now charges for a product that was once free.
- Questionable customer service support.
- Could use more support around creating new templates.
- Could use more guidance on how to maximize the benefits of the system.
What are the pros and cons of Kareo? How would you rate them? How is their customer service? Is Kareo EHR user- friendly? Let us assist you in your search for the best fitting EHR for the needs of your medical practice. Importantly, the Kareo reviews shown have been crowd sourcing.
WHAT MAKES KAREO DIFFERENT?
Firstly, developed for independent practices in particular, Kareo helps you avoid the complex and expensive functionality that you don’t need. If you want to build a successful and lucrative practice Kareo can provide an EHR and other related services that will help you achieve your goals. Next, along with most EHRs today, Kareo is cloud based and does not requires the installment of software or hardware.
In addition to an EHR, Kareo has a broad menu of offerings including Practice Management, Medical Billing, and even Marketing services. And lastly, for practices looking for medical billing services, Kareo can help there too.
Looking to switch to Kareo? Well, they sure do make it sound easy. All you have to do is schedule a demo, complete the set up process and then work with a dedicated Success Coach. Bam, you should be good to go.
They provide a program for their new customers called the Kareo Simple Start Program to “help reduce start-up challenges and keep your costs and overhead to a minimum.”
Everything starts with the Kareo Success Team. From Practice Credentialing to Billing Services, Kareo can help get your practice off the ground. Their Billing solution integrates seamlessly into their EHR. Moreover, they offer enticing monthly rates.
Lastly, with just a few small caveats, Kareo claims “you can begin sending electronic claims to all commercial insurance companies within 48 hours.”
How much does Kareo cost? It appears their pricing is very competitive. Be sure to compare quotes from several EHR vendors to make sure you get the best value.
If you need to launch a telemedicine solution, you can do so immediately through Kareo. There will be no onboarding time needed. Their clients see a 98% patient satisfaction rating on average for video visits. Look to get reimbursed for video telehealth visits instead of unpaid follow up calls or emails.
The Kareo telemedicine platform is fully integrated. Patients can request a video visit online which notifies the office staff.
Lastly, the Kareo reviews for its telemedicine offering is rated as one of the highest by Software Advice Average Ratings for Telemedicine Products.
DIGITAL MARKETING AND ENGAGEMENT SOLUTIONS
This is an area where Kareo seems to go far beyond other EHRs. While online marketing and engagement are typically not top of mind for independent practices, they should be.
There needs to be a way online for new patients to easily find your practice. Kareo offers an awesome product called Kareo Engage which can help your practice easily show up when being searched for. They can also synch you up with various online directories to make sure the information is accurate.
Also, Kareo Engage lets you harness the power of positive reviews and social media. Lastly, Kareo Engage offers a comprehensive analytics dashboard to provide data to measure your engagement success.
KAREO AND PATIENTPOP MERGE TO MAKE TEBRA
Together, Kareo and PatientPop are now Tebra. Kareo already had a strong Marketing offering, but now with PatientPop, a healthcare marketing company, they are going to be a digital marketer on steroids. They now have access to over 100,000 providers.
KAREO PROS AND CONS
There are both advantages and disadvantages of using Kareo. Along with the Kareo reviews, here is a summary of their pros and cons:
- They provide over 150 customizable templates.
- Kareo offers digital marketing and engagement services.
- Their EHR integrates seamlessly with their Billing solution and Practice Management.
- Their Practice Management solution is popular.
- As Kareo claims, they have “everything you need, nothing you don’t”.
- They charge for a product which was once offered at zero cost.
- Some say their customer service is questionable.
- Kareo could provide more support when it comes to creating new templates.
- They could offer more guidance on leveraging the benefits of the overall system.
MORE KAREO INFORMATION
- KAREO SUPPORT AND TRAINING
- DOES KAREO OFFER MARKETING AND ENGAGEMENT SERVICES?
- WHAT SIZE PRACTICES USE KAREO?
- WHARE ARE KAREO’S SPECIALITY EHR OPTIONS?
See how a Specialty EHR can assist your medical practice.
Insights and information was crowd sourced and/or from kareo.com.