Ease of Use8.5/10
Service & Support6.9/10
Value for the money8.0/10
- Virtual visits through their own telemedicine application called Healow – no need for 3rd party application.
- Known to offer free conversion packages for new clients looking to transition away from another EHR.
- Initial onsite training included for small practices.
- High degree of customization. Ideal for small practices.
- eClinicalWorks is a technology driven organization. All their technology was developed in-house and functions as one system.
- Involved in a false claims whistleblower case that eCW settled with the US government for $155M.
- Inefficiencies in their ticketing support system is a common thread with users.
- Some technology support is located overseas causing the possibility of difficult communication.
How would you rate eClinicalWorks? Is it user friendly? How is their customer support? What are the pros and cons of eClinicalWorks? We provide eClinicalWorks reviews based on crowd sourcing to help you in the search for the EHR to best fit the needs of your practice.
HOW IS ECLINICALWORKS SOLUTION DIFFERENT FROM OTHER EHRS?
Founded in 1999, eClinicalWorks (eCW) is a long standing EHR company with experience on its side.
Many EHR companies acquire their technology, but eClinicalWorks prides itself in developing all of its own technology which makes eCW one powerful, cohesive system.
eClinicalWorks is a technology driven organization. Because of their confidence, they count on their actual product solution (not marketing) to sell itself. For example, they offer a terrific telehealth solution that has become one of their staple offerings.
Lastly, eCW focuses on providing tools and solutions for practices reinventing themselves as well for those starting from scratch with opening a new practice.
IS THERE AN ECLINICALWORKS TELEMEDICINE SOLUTION?
Many EHR companies have to offer 3rd party telemedicine solutions, but eClinicalWorks has developed their own telemedicine solution called Healow. It shows a 4.2 out of 5 stars in the Google Play Store with almost 50,000 reviews.
Healow allows patients to access their patient data and communicate with their doctor’s office. They even have a “mom” version for expectant mothers wanting a higher level of engagement.
eClinicalWorks offers Healow to its own clients, but also to anyone looking for a solid telehealth solution. You do not have to have their EHR to use the eClinicalWorks Telemedicine solution Healow.
DOES ECLINICALWORKS OFFER MEDICAL BILLING SERVICES?
Yes, they sure do. And they pride themselves with the pricing they are able to offer. They claim due to their “technology and efficient processes and workflows, eClinicalWorks is redefining the status quo of the medical billing industry.” They are offering medical billing services at 2.9% of monthly collected revenue which is significantly better than when you compare that to some external billing services which charging anywhere from 5% to 12% off the bottom line.
ECLINICALWORKS COMMITMENT TO INTEROPERABILITY
Starting in 2016, the collaboration between CommonWell and Carequality was intended to expand the reach of both of the networks to help progress the standardization of the health data exchange. eClinicalWorks helps support that progress.
Back in 2019, eClinicalWorks renewed their commitment to nationwide interoperability with both the CommonWell Health Alliance networks and the Carequality Interoperability Framework.
They offer CommonWell services to all customers which provides an advantage in delivering top care. And with their connection to the Carequality Interoperability Framework, eCW can ensure its providers have the most complete and accurate patient data at the point of care.
What does eCW pricing look like? Without a doubt, eClinicalworks pricing is competitive. But be sure to understand all the features and options that are available and see what eCW pricing actually includes.
Your best bet is to compare quotes from various companies to ensure your practice gets the best price.
ECLINICALWORKS PROS AND CONS
It is important to understand the advantages and disadvantages of eClinicalWorks. So along with eClinicalWorks reviews, we summarized the pros and cons:
- No need for 3rd party telehealth application. eClinicalWorks offers virtual visits through its own telemedicine app called Healow.
- They are known to offer free conversion packages for potential new clients looking to transition from another EHR.
- Initial training onsite is included for small practices.
- They have a high degree of customization. Ideal solution for small practices.
- As a technology driven organization, all of eCW’s technology was developed in-house and functions as one complete system.
- They were involved in a false claims whistleblower case that was settled with the U.S. government for $155M.
- Inefficiencies with their ticketing system for support is a common thread with users.
- It appears some technology support is located overseas which could cause communication concerns.
LOOKING FOR MORE INFO ON ECLINICALWORKS?
- WHO USES ECLINICALWORKS EHR?
- DOES ECLINICALWORKS OFFER SPECIALITY EHR OPTIONS?
- DOES ECW OFFER ANY PRACTICE MANAGEMENT SOLUTIONS?
- ECLINICALWORKS SUPPORT AND TRAINING
Information and insights from www.eclinicalworks.com and crowd sourced.