Ease of Use8.0/10
Service & Support8.2/10
Value for the money8.0/10
- Designed with the clinician in mind to focus more on the patient and less on the administrative burden.
- Strong data analytics package
- 100% US based support team
- Well known for great training and support
- User friendly
- Using it out of the box is very favorable, but when adding customization it may add to the risk of glitches.
- Lots of tricks and robust features, but will need time to discover and master them.
How would you rate NextGen EHR? Is it user friendly? How is the support? What are the pros and cons of NextGen? We provide NextGen reviews based on crowd sourcing to help in the search for an EHR.
HOW IS NEXTGEN DIFFERENT FROM OTHER EHRS?
Now with over 155,000 providers, NextGen Healthcare continues to gain market share in the industry. By keeping the clinician top of mind, they have been able to help take away the administration burden from practices.
This lets clinicians focus more of their time on what they do best, caring for their patients. Allowing for clinicians to be more efficient and productive is NextGen’s greatest differentiators.
NextGen was created to work with small and large sized practices. They offer the following key solutions:
- For Small independent medical practices with 10 or less providers – NextGen provides an all-in-one solution called NextGen Office. It includes an EHR platform (cloud based), revenue cycle management / medical billing, practice management and an easy to use patient portal. The NextGen Office solution allows you to focus on your patients, and not get caught up with the stress of running your practice.
- For Large independent practices with more than 10 providers – there is a solution called NextGen Enterprise. They say it is “An integrated, robust solution that’s adaptable to suit your specific needs.” A lot is included in NextGen Enterprise such as an EHR, Practice Management, Revenue Cycle Management and Clearinghouse, an Electronic Data Exchange (EDI), an advanced analytics package and clinical content for specific specialties.
With a mix of solutions to service almost every need of any sized practice, NextGen has become a popular choice in the market leading to positive NextGen reviews. And with its acquisition of Medfusion and OTTO Health, we also expect to see NextGen’s telemedicine business boom.
What does NextGen EHR pricing look like? It appears competitive. Make sure to compare quotes from several companies to make sure you are getting the best value.
NEXTGEN AND BIG DATA: A STORY OF GROWTH
In 2019, NextGen partnered with Allscripts’ Veradigm arm of business that supported their focus to enable a data exchange between providers, insurers, labs and more.
Rusty Frantz, NextGen’s CEO claimed, “As NextGen has focused on its population health and data sharing capabilities, this has boosted its competitive position and has led to some providers switching from other vendors to NextGen’s EHR systems.” *
The partnership with Veradigm allows NextGen to offer these capabilities to the market with rapid speed, instead of developing them in-house. Veradigm will likely be looking for similar partnerships with other EHRs in the future.
Big data is going to be key. Keep your eye out for more growth coming out of NextGen Healthcare.
USING DATA ANALYTICS TO DRIVE STRATEGY
The better the data and the analysis of the data becomes, the more prevalent it is for medical practices to drive their strategy with it.
Fittingly, NextGen’s population health and analytics services are designed to allow medical practices to take action and make decisions using data-driven insights. The expectation is improved outcomes.
WHAT RCM AND MEDICAL BILLING SOLUTIONS DOES NEXTGEN OFFER?
With a variety of medical billing services, collections, and claims services, NextGen can appeal to any sized practice. Therefore, they break their revenue cycle management (RCM) solutions out into three service lines in order to serve the specific needs of your practice including:
- NextGen Financial Suite which is a client management solution. It is both software based and using actual human professionals to stay on top of your medical billing.
- The NextGen Financial Suite Plus is also a client management solution. It includes accounts receivable (A/R), reworking claims and helps relieve other staff duties that can be a burden.
- NextGen Financial Suite Pro layers in additional services on top of the Financial Suite services. Included in this more robust offering are online patient engagement tools like a patient portal, appointment reminders and online payments.
NEXTGEN EHR PRICING
What does NextGen EHR pricing look like? They offer different options for different size practices. Make sure to understand all the options and features available and what Next Gen EHR pricing actually includes.
We recommend you compare quotes from a variety of EHR companies to make sure you are getting the best deal.
THE PROS AND CONS OF NEXTGEN
Make sure to understand the advantages and disadvantages of NextGen. On top of the NextGen reviews, we have also included some pros and cons:
- Designed to lessen the administrative burden on clinicians allowing for them to do what they do best, care for patients.
- Robust packages for data analytics
- Their support team is 100% US based
- Strong reputation for excellent training and support
- Using NextGen out of the box has been rumored to be very favorable, but when adding customization, it may add to the risk of glitches.
- Will need time to discover and master all the tricks and robust features available.
- HOW LARGE IS THE TYPICAL SIZED PRACTICE THAT USES NEXTGEN EHR?
- WHAT SPECIALITY OPTIONS DOES NEXTGEN EHR COVER?
- LOOKING FOR A LIST OF FEATURES OF NEXTGEN EHR?
- DOES NEXTGEN OFFER BILLING SOLUTIONS?
- WHAT MAKES NEXTGEN’S TRAINING & SUPPORT SO SPECIAL?
Information and insights from nextgen.com and crowd sourced.