Ease of Use8.8/10
Service & Support8.2/10
Value for the money8.2/10
- Offers a comprehensive suite of solutions.
- Has a “smart dashboard” to show prioritization, workflow elements and alerts.
- Emerged as a leader in telemedicine integration.
- Product Advisory Group providing practices with direct access to engineers.
- They have “add-on products” that could be confused as part of basic package. Make sure to understand your agreement and implementation package so there aren’t any surprises down the road.
- Offer conferences and trainings but at a significant cost especially if travel involved.
How would you rank AdvancedMD? How is the customer support? Is it user friendly? What are the pros and cons? We provide AdvancedMD reviews based on crowd sourcing to help in your search for the best EHR to fit the needs of your medical practice.
Why should small medical practices use AdvancedMD EHR?
As a small medical practice, some reasons for using AdvancedMD EHR are:
- Practice Management Integration: Streamlines administrative and clinical processes.
- Interoperability: Securely exchanges patient data with other technology systems.
- Revenue Cycle Management: Optimizes billing and financial operations.
- Cloud-Based Solution: Eliminates hardware investment and offers flexibility.
- User-Friendly Interface: Easy navigation for small to mid-sized practices.
- Customization: Tailors the EHR to specific workflows and preferences.
ADVANCEDMD FOR SPECIALTIES
Indeed, they do offer specialized EHR solutions. In fact, Black Book ranked AdvancedMD #1 EHR for Internal Medicine and Neurology, and #1 for 2-5 physician sized practices (all specialties).
By utilizing templates, they can be tailored to match the workflow of any medical specialty.
AdvancedMD’s telemedicine solution enhances patient care while reducing costs. It’s seamlessly integrated with their EHR system, ensuring efficient patient management.
This flexible and cost-effective solution improves the patient experience and keeps your practice competitive in today’s healthcare landscape, fostering a stronger doctor-patient relationship and providing convenient access to healthcare.
AdvancedMD extends its offerings to encompass Practice Management solutions for private practices. It includes front office software, scheduling tools, medical billing software, reporting and analytics, claims management, and clearinghouse services.
Outsourcing medical billing is worth considering due to their full Revenue Cycle Management (RCM) services.
Moreover, they provide a variety of patient experience solutions catering to diverse practice needs.
HEAVY FOCUS ON BILLING & PAYMENT SERVICES
Able to expand service offerings through acquisition
AdvancedMD was acquired by Global Payments, Inc., a global financial technology services company in 2018. And briefly before that acquisition, they acquired NueMD which extended their feature set and work flow functionality.
Since they were acquired by a financial technology company, they have promoted their billing services all the more. They highlight their integration with OpenEdge, also a subsidiary of Global Payments, Inc. with their new and enhanced credit card payment solutions. This allows them to include access to mobile payments for Apple and Google Pay.
Exclusive Pricing for B2B Medical Billing Services
AdvancedMD utilizes a B2B business model to provide exclusive pricing for medical billing services. And, they offer Central Billing Office services for multi-provider or multi-site practices.
Lastly, they offer a ton of features and options, so ask to see what the AdvancedMD pricing includes.
PROS AND CONS OF ADVANCEDMD
Be sure to understand the advantages and disadvantages of any EHR option. Along with the AdvancedMD reviews above, we summarized the pros and cons to assist in your decision process:
- They offer a full, comprehensive suite of solutions.
- They offer a “smart dashboard” to show prioritization, workflow elements and alerts.
- Have emerged as a leader in Telemedicine integration.
- Lastly, AdvancedMD drives innovation through quarterly Product Advisory Group meetings.
- AdvancedMD offers “add-on products” that may be confused as being part of the basic package. Be sure to understand the agreement and the implementation package to avoid any surprises in the future.
- They offer conferences and trainings but they can be a significant cost especially if any travel is involved.
Information and insights based on advancedmd.com and crowd sourced.