Ease of Use8.5/10
Service & Support7.8/10
Value for the money8.5/10
- Athenahealth has been dubbed a “disruptor” in the industry.
- Favorable patient portal.
- A plethora of 3rd party applications have been integrated into Athenahealth and are available in the Marketplace by Athenahealth.
- Offer Practice Management solutions with low up-front costs.
- Potential concerns with the robustness of Athenahealth’s billing system. Thoroughly research what will be needed from your practice if you are considering their billing services.
- Considerable cost for ongoing billing services.
How are athenahealth reviews? Is athenahealth user friendly? How is their support? What are the pros and cons of athenahealth? We provide athenahealth reviews based on crowd sourcing to help you search for the best EHR for your medical practice.
WHAT DOES ATHENAHEALTH OFFER?
Used by over 160,000 healthcare providers, athenahealth offers a variety of products to accommodate different practice sizes including:
- athenaCollector – A cloud-based revenue cycle management (RCM) and practice management service
- athenaClinicals – A popular electronic medical records solution. It helps medical practices improve their performance and productivity. Similarly, it also reduces the work for clinicians.
- athenaCommunicator – A suite of patient engagement solutions that include:
- a patient portal
- and a live option for customers to talk with an operator to help with scheduling and to make payments.
- Epocrates – Embedded in the EHR solution, Epocrates provides clinical decision support when prescribing medicine. Enhances productivity.
- athenaOne – Lastly, athenaOne is athenahealth’s fully integrated cloud-based suite of solutions. It includes the following all in one bundle:
- an EHR system,
- practice management,
- and care coordination.
WHAT MAKES ATHENAHEALTH DIFFERENT?
As shown in our athenahealth reviews, Athena EHR is a disruptor in the industry. They are an innovative organization that is technology driven. Likewise, they understand the fundamental needs of physicians to run a successful medical practice.
They offer a wide range of products and services to help medical practices deliver “optimal information with minimal distraction…”. They are also known as a specialty EHR that offers a variety of solutions for different specialties.
Lastly, athenahealth typically wins many industry awards such as KLAS and Black Book.
ATHENA EMR PRICING
Above all, athenahealth should be a top consideration for any medical practice based on their competitive price and good reviews.
And most importantly, athenahealth pricing has no hidden fees. If you are looking for athenahealth pricing, be sure to compare price quotes from different EHR vendors.
DOES ATEHNAHEALTH INTEGRATE 3RD PARTY SOLUTIONS?
One of athenahealth’s key value propositions is it offers 3rd party solutions that integrate into their EHR solution.
They even go as far as having an athenahealth Marketplace which offers dozens of applications that can be easily integrated.
athenahealth Marketplace has several areas such as:
- Provider tools such as GetWell Practice, a digital check-in application
- Medical Records apps such as Dulcian Health’s CCM Solution
- Billing apps such as Experian Health Patient Estimates
- Care Management apps such as esvyda, a telemedicine and telemonitoring solution.
- Acquisition and Engagement apps such as PatientPop, a marketing and communication platform.
- Administrative apps such as Epion, a digital check-in platform
- Lastly, efficiency tools such as SolutionReach are offered which is a patient relationship management system
ATHENAHEALTH IS DEDICATED TO CUSTOMER SATISFACTION
athenahealth relies on its Customer Success Managers to ensure that their clients are satisfied with their suite of products and services.
They shape future product changes/additions from the feedback of actual athena users. One of the ways athenahealth does this is through an app available in their Marketplace called the BirdEye platform.
The BirdEye plataform allows Athena EMR to capture, analyze and market client feedback through online reviews.
In the end, listening to the feedback of their clients helps improve operations and drives innovation. And in turn, this should lead to growth for athenahealth making it a win-win.
athenahealth’s Practice Management is one of their strongest products. Consequently, this helps with athenahealth reviews.
Their Practice Management solution has a track record of practices getting paid 32% quicker. And they have the ability to resolve 94% of their claims on the 1st attempt.
They tout that you don’t have to pay for software licenses, installations or upgrades.
Also, athenahealth claims there are no disruptive upgrades. Check out athenaCollector, their cloud-based revenue cycle management and practice management solution.
THE PROS AND CONS OF ATHENAHEALTH
If you are looking to switch to athenahealth, make sure to understand all the advantages and disadvantages. In addition to the athenahealth reviews above, we summed up the pros and cons:
- athenahealth is a “disruptor’ in the industry.
- They have a user-friendly patient portal.
- Through the athenahealth Marketplace, they can offer a large variety of 3rd party apps. These apps can be easily integrated.
- athenahealth offers Practice Management solutions with low up-front costs.
- There are potential concerns with the robustness of Athenahealth’s billing system. Make sure to research what your practice needs.
- Could run into considerable costs for ongoing billing services.
- WHAT TYPE OF PRACTICES USE ATHENAHEALTH?
- DOES ATHENAHEALTH OFFER PRACTICE MANAGEMENT SOLUTIONS?
- WHAT ARE ATHENAHEALTH’S SPECIALITY EHR OPTIONS?
- WHAT DOES ATHENAHEALTH OFFER FOR TRAINING & SUPPORT?
Insights and information crowd sourced and from athenahealth.com.