Ease of Use8.3/10
Service & Support8.0/10
Value for the money8.1/10
- They are a powerhouse in the industry with high profile clients such as the DoD.
- Provides strategic consulting for practices transforming to value-based care.
- Has tight integration with revenue cycle solution.
- Offer both on-site and off-site hosting.
- Offers advanced analytic packages allowing clients to use predictive analysis.
- The need for too many clicks to perform an action have been reported.
- Cerner is a very thorough solution which can lead to a higher learning curve for users.
How would you rate Cerner EHR? How is the support? Is it user friendly? What do you think are the pros and cons of Cerner? We provide Cerner reviews based on crowd sourcing to help your medical practice search for an EHR.
HOW IS CERNER DIFFERENT FROM OTHER EHRS?
There are three main areas that Cerner focuses on to differentiate themselves from other EHR solutions in the market including:
- Favorable clinical documentation tools
- A meaningful patient experience
- Tight integration with solutions and services around revenue cycle management
And let’s face it. The healthcare system is extremely complex and it is challenging for smaller practices to transform into value-based care. So, Cerner offers strategic population health advisory services to help smaller medical practices navigate the transition.
Besides its EHR solutions, Cerner also offers strategic advisory services, performance improvement, revenue cycle management, practice management, community care management, wellness and scorecards and registries.
With a long list of high-profile clients, Cerner also has bragging rights as being one of the most prominent players in the EHR market.
Lastly, as you can see in Cerner Reviews, they are a leader in innovation. They encourage innovators to build technology to “advance the health care industry through improved interoperability capabilities” through the Cerner Open Developer Experience (code).
WHAT SIZE PRACTICE IS CERNER POWERCHART IDEAL FOR?
Ideal for any sized medical practice, Cerner PowerChart EHR is a popular solution. It can also support over fifty medical specialties, making it a leading solution for a Specialty EHR.
Along with Cerner PowerChart, Cerner also offers Millennium that is geared towards healthcare providers at the enterprise level as well as CareTracker for long-term care and assisted living facilities.
Are you a small to mid-sized physician practice? Then Cerner should be on your short list of considerations for an EHR solution.
WHAT PRACTICE MANAGEMENT SOLUTIONS DOES CERNER OFFER?
Based on the size of the medical practice, Cerner offers a couple practice management solutions including:
- PowerWorks Practice Management Solution – Ideal for large-sized medical practices and billing services companies.
- Specialty Practice Management Solution – Ideal for smaller and mid-sized practices with ten or less providers.
WHAT REVENUE CYCLE MANAGMENET SOLUTIONS DOES CERNER OFFER?
Many medical practices are looking to reduce the time they spend on operations in order to spend more time with patients. Based on the size of the practice or organization, Cerner provides solutions for billing, reimbursement and accounting processes.
- RevWorks for Clinics
- RevWorks for Hospitals
WHAT MAKES CERNER’S SUPPORT AND TRAINING DIFFERENT THAN OTHER EHRS?
In order to give first class service to patients, Cerner provides a support model called Cerner Client Care that will “enable caregivers to correspond and communicate with other providers, clinicians and patients.”
Making it easy for customers to connect with them when needed, Cerner provides a variety of options.
- Call the support line or use the eService portal is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, and 365 days a year.
- uCern which is a suite of social collaboration tools
- Cerner’s Model Experience which is an assembly of strategic recommendations for leveraging Cerner solutions to optimize client workflow.
- Cerner’s Client Applications
- Lights On Network which provides enterprise-level data analytics
- Cerner Status Dashboard which is a tool to view the current status of Cerner solutions and services
- Project Portal which is used to coordinate the resources and decisions around your project.
CERNER PRICING MODEL
Looking for more information on the Cerner pricing model? Make sure to understand of all the costs associated with implementation and ongoing fees.
We recommend that you compare quotes from several EHR vendors to ensure your practice is getting the best price.
CERNER PROS AND CONS
It is important to understand the advantages and disadvantages of Cerner. So in addition to the Cerner reviews above, we also summed up the pros and cons of Cerner.
- Cerner is a powerhouse in the healthcare industry with high profile clients such as the DoD.
- They provide strategic consulting for helping medical practices transform to value-based care.
- Cerner’s EHR has tight integration with revenue cycle management solutions.
- They offer off-site and on-site hosting.
- Allowing clients to use predictive analysis, Cerner provides advanced analytic packages.
- It has been reported that there is a need for far too many clicks to perform an action.
- Because Cerner is a very thorough solution, it can lead users to having a higher learning curve.
- Does Cerner provide Billing Solutions?
- Does Cerner offer Practice Management Solutions?
- Who uses Cerner EHR?
- Cerner Specialty EHR Options
- Cerner Support & Training
Insights and information from www.cerner.com and crowd sourced.