Ease of Use7.9/10
Service & Support6.5/10
Value for the money6.2/10
- Open platform. Allscripts claims it is “Building open, connected communities of health”.
- Highly functional.
- Very easy to send prescriptions (Note: Allscripts started as an electronic prescribing company).
- Allscripts has been around for over 30 years and has history and experience on their side.
- A very big company, making it somewhat impersonal. Hard to reach someone at a high-level.
- Potential for costly fees for ongoing service and upgrades.
- Contractual obligations can make it difficult (and pricey) to ever change EHRs.
- Numerous acquisitions can lead to fragmented service and support.